Sharma takes loan of Rs 25,000 and repays an amount of Rs 31,000 at the
end of 2 years. What is the rate of simple interest at which repays the
42.The Acme Rent-a-Car agency charges $10.00 per day and $0.10 per mile to rent a car. The Super Rent-a-Car agency charges $20.00 per day and $0.05 per mile to rent a car. If a car is rented for 1 day, at how many miles would the rental charges of the two agencies be equal?
43. Daal is now being sold at Rs. 20 a kg. During last month its rate was Rs. 16 per kg. By how much percent should a family reduce its consumption so as to keep the expenditure fixed?
44.The difference between th of th of a number and th of th of the same number is 9. What is the number?
45. A person walking 5/6 of his usual rate is 40 minutes late. What is his usual time?
46.A garrison of 3300 men has provisions for 32 days, when given at a rate of 850 grams per head. At the end of 7 days a reinforcement arrives and it was found that now the provisions will last 8 days less, when given at the rate of 825 grams per head. How, many more men can it feed?
47.One dog tells the other that there are two dogs in front of me. The other one also shouts that he too had two behind him. How many are they?
student scores 55% marks in 8 papers of 100 marks each. He scores 15%
of his total marks in English. How much does he score in English?
49. Can you tender a one rupee note in such a manner that there shall be total 50 coins but none of them would be 2 paise coins.?
50.Given that A, B, C, D, E each represent one of the digits between 1 and 9 and that the following multiplication holds: A B C D E X 4 -------------- E D C B A -------------- What digit does E represent?
51.If a = 2, b = 4, c = 5 then a + b c - ---- = c a + b ?
52.A 5 cm cube is cut into as many 1 cm cubes as possible. What is the ratio of the surface area of the larger cube to that of the sum of the surface areas of the smaller cubes?
53.If you can lay one cocount tree between every 8 feets , how many trees can be there in total 80 feets?
54.A monkey starts climbing up a tree 20ft. tall. Each hour, it hops 3ft. and slips back 2ft. How much time would it take the monkey to reach the top?
55.When the square of smaller number and the cube of a larger number are added, the answer is 778. If the square of the bigger number is greater than the smaller number by 74, what is the sum of these numbers?
56.A basket contains seven apples and fourteen oranges. If we select two at random then what is the probability that both are different?
ratio of the present ages of Sunita and vinita is 4:5. Six years hence
the ratio of their ages will be 14:17. What will be the ratio of their
ages 12 years hence?
58.A railway half ticket costs half the full fare and the reservation charge is the same on half ticket as on full ticket. One reserved first class ticket from Chennai to Trivandrum costs Rs. 216 and one full and one half reserved first class tickets cost Rs. 327. What is the basic first class full fare and what is the reservation charge?
59.If p is an integer and q = 9p + 13, what is the greatest value of p for which q is less than 0?
60.Out of 7 consonants and 4 vowels, how many words can be made each containing 3 consonants and 2 vowels?
61.A bag contains 25 cent, 10 cent and 5 cent coins in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3. If the total value of these is $ 36, the number of 25 cent coins is ?
62.In the repeating decimal 0.0526105261 …, the 69th digit to the right of the decimal point is ?
63. A boat travels 20 kms upstream in 6 hrs and 18 kms downstream in 4 hrs.Find the speed of the boat in still water and the speed of the water current?
64.10 ^ 2(10 ^ 8 + 10 ^ 8) = -------------- 10 ^ 4
diameter of the driving wheel of a bus is 140cm. How many revolutions
per minute must the wheel make in order to keep a speed of 66 kmph?
66.The monthly salary of a person gets increased by 5%, thereby becoming Rs. 15120 per annum. What was his earlier salary per month?
67. Three containers A, B and C have volumes a, b, and c respectively; and container A is full of water while the other two are empty. If from container A water is poured into container B which becomes 1/3 full, and into container C which becomes 1/2 full, how much water is left in container A?
68.the sides of a triangle measure 72, 75 and 21, what is the measure of its in radius?
69.Find the area of the sector covered by the hour hand after it has moved through 3 hours and the length of the hour hand is 7cm.
70.If p is an integer and q = 9p + 13, what is the greatest value of p for which q is less than 0?
71.If one of the two parties of knights consists of P and U and two other knights and travels by the southern route, the other members of this party besides P and U must be ?
72. Meena is 24 years old today. Eight years ago, Anju was half the age of that of Meena then. How old is Anju today?
73. A wizard named Nepo says "I am only three times my son's age. My father is 40 years more than twice my age. Together the three of us are a mere 1240 years old." How old is Nepo?
74.If the sum of the interior angles of a regular polygon measures up to 1440 degrees, how many sides does the polygon have?
75.What is the measure of the circum radius of a triangle whose sides are 9, 40 and 41?
76. A number of cats got together and decided to kill between them 999919 mice. Every cat killed an equal number of mice. Each cat killed more mice than there were cats. How many cats do you think there were ?
77.What is the circum radius of a triangle whose sides are 7, 24 and 25 respectively?
78. A certain type of mixture is prepared by mixing brand A at Rs.9 a kg. with brand B at Rs.4 a kg. If the mixture is worth Rs.7 a kg., how many kgs. of brand A are needed to make 40kgs. of the mixture?
79.What is the missing number in this series? 8 2 14 6 11 ? 14 6 18 12
80.If taxi fares was Rs 1.00 for the first 1/5 mile and Rs. 0.20 for each 1/5 miles thereafter. The taxi fare for a 3-mile ride was?