Cements – Grade of cements – manufactures of cement – concrete chemicals and
Applications – mix design concept – mix design as per BIS & ACI methods –
manufacturing of concrete – Batching – mixing – transporting – placing – compaction of
concrete – curing and finishing. Testing of fresh and hardened concrete – quality of
concrete – Non – destructive testing.
Specifications, details and sequence of activities and construction co-ordination – Site
Clearance – Marking – Earthwork - masonry – stone masonry – Bond in masonry -
concrete hollow block masonry – flooring – damp proof courses – construction joints –
movement and expansion joints – pre cast pavements – Building foundations – basements
– temporary shed – centering and shuttering sheet piles – slip forms – scaffoldings – deshuttering
forms – Fabrication and erection of steel trusses – frames – braced domes –
laying brick –– weather and water proof – roof finishes – air conditioning – acoustic and
SUB STRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION
Techniques of Box jacking – Pipe Jacking -under water construction of diaphragm walls
and basement-Tunneling techniques – Piling techniques- driving well and caisson -
sinking cofferdam - cable anchoring and grouting-driving diaphragm walls - sheet piles -
shoring for deep cutting- Large reservoir construction with membranes and Earth systemwell
points -Dewatering and stand by Plant equipment for underground open excavation.
SUPER STRUCTURE CONSTRUCTION
Launching girders - bridge decks - off shore platforms – special forms for shells -
techniques for heavy decks – in-situ pre-stressing in high rise structures - Material
handling - erecting light weight components on tall structures - Support structure for
heavy Equipment and conveyors -Erection of articulated structures - braced domes and
Selection of equipment for earth work - earth moving operations - types of earthwork
equipment – tractors - motor graders – scrapers - front end waders - earth movers –
Equipment for foundation and pile driving. Equipment for compaction - batching and
mixing and concreting - Equipment for material handling and erection of structures -
Equipment for dredging, trenching, tunneling
1. Arora S.P. and Bindra S.P., Building Construction, Planning Techniques and
Method of Construction, Dhanpat Rai and Sons, 1997.
2. Varghese, P.C. Building construction, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
3. Sheety, M.S. concrete Technology, Theory and Practice, S. Chand and Company
Ltd., New Delhi, 2005
1. Jha J and Sinha S.K., Construction and Foundation Engineering, Khanna
2. Sharma S.C. “Construction Equipment and Management”, Khanna Publishers
New Delhi, 1988.
3. Deodhar, S.V. “Construction Equipment and Job Planning”, Khanna Publishers,
New Delhi, 1988.
4. Dr. Mahesh Varma, “Construction Equipment and its Planning and Application”,
Metropolitan Book Company, New Delhi-, 1983.
5. Peurifoy, R.L., Ledbetter, W.B. and Schexnayder, C., "Construction Planning,
Equipment and Methods", 5th Edition, McGraw Hill, Singapore, 1995.