The granting of social visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they are allowed to enter Singapore:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity
- Valid Singapore visa, if applicable
- Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore
- Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable)
- Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
- Completed Disembarkation/Embarkation Card
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable
The period of stay granted is shown on the social visit pass endorsement given on the visitor's passport. Visitors are advised to check their passports for the arrival endorsement and take note of the number of days stay given before leaving the checkpoint.
All visitors on social visit passes are not permitted to engage in any form of business, profession, occupation or paid employment while in Singapore.
Visitors are also reminded that it is a punishable offence to overstay in Singapore beyond the number of days given. If there is a need to stay beyond the period granted, visitors may apply for an extension of stay online via e-XTEND or at the Visitors Services Centre, 4th storey, ICA Building, before the social visit pass expires. Application for extension of stay is subject to approval.