Singapore has three local universities that are well recognized, National university of Singapore (NUS), Nanyang technological university (NTU) and Singapore management university (SMU). NTU is only for engineering degrees while NUS offers medical and arts courses. The degrees offered by these colleges are internationally recognized. Apart from the local universities, there are universities that function in association with foreign universities. To apply to Singapore universities for pursuing education, check out the procedure:
- Apply directly to the university the student is interested in
studying in, online applications are also accepted. All applications
should be accompanied with appropriate certificates.
- Students must read the brochure containing the course details
and ensure that they fit in the requirements of the course. Few
institutes conduct written test and interviews before placement.
- If admission is accepted by the University, students will
receive a letter of acceptance that needs to duly signed and returned.
Online applicants must check status online.
- Students will receive a package from the university and should
plan to be in Singapore two weeks prior to the commencement of the
- Scholarships are awarded by the universities themselves for meritorious students.
- Students can work up to 16 hours per week during term days and full time during holidays.
Under graduate stream
Post graduate stream
- Most of the universities in Singapore admit international students from countries like India, Malaysia, Nepal and Hong Kong etc.
- Students must have completed at least twelve years of
education before applying for under graduate courses at Singapore
- Applications for admissions are available from October the preceding year to March.
- Though SAT scores are not required for international students, mentioning the scores help gain entry easily.
- TOEFL scores are mandatory for students seeking admission in
Singapore. Final interviews might be conducted before gaining admission
into any of the universities.
- Students willing to take up a course in management have to produce GMAT scores.
- For any post graduation course students have to produce, GRE/GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS scores along with application form.
- Duly signed letter from the registrar of the last educational
university along with relevant degree certificates should be included.
- Letter of recommendation from tutor may also be sent along
with application form. Work experience letter should accompany
application if the applicant has any prior work experience.
- A statement from the bank for supporting funds should be produced or a letter from the sponsor should be included.