Vijaya Bank is one of the reputed banks that offer educational loans in India. The main objective of the bank is to provide top quality financial services to its customers. It was established by late Shri. A.B.Shetty with other enterprising farmers on 23rd October, 1931 and became a nationalized bank on 15th April, 1980.
Vijaya Bank education loan is offered to the deserving students willing to pursue their higher education in India and abroad. Scroll down the page to learn more about Students Loans from Vijaya Bank.
Students, who are Indian national, are eligible to apply for the loan.
Students need to take admission to relevant technical or professional courses through entrance examination or a merit based selection process.
Courses Eligible for Vijaya Bank Student Loan
- Studies in India
- Vijaya Bank education loan is granted to students willing to pursue full time courses (graduation, post graduation, professional courses, doctorate, computer certificate courses affiliated to university or approved by Department of Electronics), courses offered by foreign universities and part time evening courses.
- Various programs conducted by prestigious institutions like IISc, NIFT, IIT, XLRI and IIM
- Professional courses conducted by the ICFAI National College.
- Various courses like CFA, ICWA, CA and others.
- Programs related to pilot training.
- Courses conducted by M/s. Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess.
- Studies Abroad
Vijaya Bank offers education loans to students willing to pursue their higher education in abroad. It provides financial assistance to the students to complete graduation, post graduation and pilot training programs certified by competent authority of a particular nation. It also provides loans to students willing to join the programs offered by CPA in USA and CIMA-London.
Expenses Covered by the Loan
- The education loan helps the students to pay their college, hostel, examination, library and laboratory fees.
- Vijaya Bank student loan also covers the various educational expenses of the students which include travel expenses, cost of books and other necessary articles, refundable deposit, caution money, building fund and also issues DD in favor of CET cell.
Amount of Loan Offered by Vijaya Bank
The maximum amount of loan granted by Vijaya Bank for education in India, is Rs.10 lacs and Rs.20 lacs for study in abroad,
There is a margin of 5% and 15% (above Rs.4 lacs) for studies in India and abroad respectively.
Vijaya Bank also charges various kinds of security for issuing education loans.
- Loan above Rs.4 lacs to Rs.7.50 lacs -Guarantee of third part (both India and abroad)
- Loan above Rs. 7.50 lacs to Rs.10 lacs(India) and Rs.15 lacs (Abroad)-collateral security.
- Rs. 15 lacs to Rs.20 lacs (Abroad)- collateral security and guarantee of third party.
Repayment of Loan
A loan amount up to Rs.7.5 lacs needs to be paid back within a period of five to seven years. Five to ten years is the time stated for loans above Rs.7.5 lacs.
to seven years is the time stated for loans up to Rs.15 lacs. Candidates taking loans above Rs.15 lacs should pay back the sum within a time of five to ten years.